Friday, March 28, 2008

New McCain Ad - March 28th 2008

I know this ad is supposed to be inspiring because it shows that McCain has really suffered in service to this country. However, from a strictly marketing standpoint, it doesn't say "Strong Leader" to me. That's not to say McCain can not be a strong leader, just that this ad didn't move me that way. Seeing him in a hospital bed, at the mercy of his captors inspires empathy and respect for the fact that he stayed true to his country throughout the long ordeal. Maybe it's just me, but it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and it didn't highlight leadership. It's not bad as a character reinforcement type of ad, but I think when running to be the leader of the most powerful country on Earth, you need to show confidence in your agenda and the willingness and ability to make it happen.

We know you're a good man, now what's your plan?

No comments: