Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mitt Romey's Top Ten List - Why He Lost

At the recent Radio and Television Correspondents Association dinner Mitt Romney took a shot a comedy with a top ten list of reasons why his campaign failed. A couple of them are more insult than comedy, but he takes some shots at himself as well. Overall, not bad for a politician and less partisan than some main stream comics.

No. 10: "There weren't as many Osmonds as I thought."
No. 9: "I Got tired of the corkscrew landings under sniper fire."
No. 8: "As a lifelong hunter, I didn't want to miss the start of varmint season."
No. 7: "I realized there wasn't room for two Christian leaders in the presidential race."
No. 6: "Word leaked out that nobody had bothered to search my passport files."
No. 5: "I'd rather get fat, grow a beard and try for the Nobel prize."
No. 4: "I Got tired of wearing a dark suit and tie. I wanted to kick back in a light colored suit and tie."
No. 3: "When my wife realized I couldn't win, my fundraising dried up."
No. 2: "I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair."
No. 1: "There was a flaw in our campaign theory that as Utah goes, so goes the nation."

Here's the video:

No comments: